Starting: March 14th 2023
10 weeks Tuesdays/Thursdays 6-9pm
Saturdays/ Sundays 8-3pm
The Yoga Synergy 200 Hour teacher training is a Vinyasa based training that focuses on proper alignment and strength building based on the teachings of Krishnamacharya and his student B.K.S Iyengar; and in conjunction with the philosophies of Dr. Michael Troknya and his wife ERYT200 and RYT500, Lisa Troknya.
IN THIS TRAINING YOU WILL LEARN:
- to sequence and plan thoughtful Vinyasa classes at all levels, while keeping students safe and holding space.
- to design and structure a class with purpose, that allows for building heat and strength.
- to plan a class with both physical and spiritual themes, using all aspects of Yoga; pranayama, meditation and asana.
- proper alignment as well as common misalignments based on the principles and lineage of Krishnamacharya & B.K.S. Iyengar.
- strong language skills and verbal cueing to move students back into alignment.
- proper breath counts and pacing for suryanamaskars, and their benefits.
- different pranayama and meditation techniques.
- gain knowledge about the subtle body, like, the prana vayus, the chakra system and the koshas.
- Yoga philosophy & the history of yoga
Yoga Synergy’s philosophy on adjustments is, strong verbal cueing with light adjustments to help move students back into an alignment that is appropriate for their body type. You will learn to adjust students from the ground up by helping them build a strong foundation.
You will be taught anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics by Dr. of Chiropractic Michael Troknya. Through his teachings you will gain valuable knowledge of the physical body and how it should align in the yoga postures; as well as, common misalignments and ailments in the body. With time you will learn how to SEE bodies and their weaknesses, and learn how to help students modify and adjust their practice in a way that is appropriate for their specific body type.
Dr. Mike has been a practicing chiropractor for over 20 years and has branded his own methodology of hands on manual muscle therapy. He has treated many professional athletes and opened Yoga Synergy in 2009 as an extension of his chiropractic office, and to have a place for his patients to rehabilitate.
PROGRAM DETAILS AND COST
Included in this training is a free yoga membership for the duration of the training.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hour Registered Yoga Teacher; and can teach group classes as well as private yoga lessons.
Cost: $2,600 early bird/ $2,800
Payment Plan: $500 deposit to hold your spot. Yoga Synergy will then divide payments across the time of the training. For payment plans please add an additional $150.
TO APPLY: Please fill out application below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org